Erectile dysfunction is the inability to achieve or maintain an erection, which is necessary for sexual intercourse. In most cases, vascular pathologies, neurological, psychological and hormonal disorders underlie the disease. Also, the disease may be provoked by taking a number of medical drugs.
This pathology is primarily reflected in the reproductive function of the man and his psychological state. Therefore, if the first signs of erectile dysfunction have appeared, it is necessary to immediately contact a specialist, since the beginning of therapy at an early stage of the disease allows you to avoid complications.
Classification of the disease
Erectile dysfunction can be divided into:
- Psychogenic (about 40% of cases);
- Organic (up to 30% of cases);
- Mixed (about 25% of cases);
- Without a definite cause (about 5%).
Whatever caused the symptoms of erectile dysfunction, each condition requires a detailed examination, identifying the exact cause of the pathology and appropriate treatment. According to the causes, erectile dysfunction is:
- Primary (a man has never been able to achieve an erection);
- Secondary (acquired during life).
Impotence of the primary type almost always occurs against a background of psychological factors or anatomical disorders. The secondary form of pathology develops in 90% of cases, has an organic etiology. Most men against the background of the disorder quickly develop psychological disorders that aggravate the disease.
Causes of erectile dysfunction
Causes of erectile dysfunction, not related to physiological disorders in the male reproductive organs, can be:
- fear, depression, anxiety, severe stress;
- situational psychological problems related to place, time and partner;
- vascular pathologies;
- neurological diseases;
- intake of drugs, alcohol, smoking;
- intake of certain groups of drugs;
- trauma and surgery in the groin, pelvic organs;
- endocrine disorders;
- aging associated with a lack of testosterone;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- severe avitaminosis;
- painful intercourse (painfulness can be experienced both by the patient and his partner);
- intake of psychotropic drugs;
- taking anticancer drugs;
- prolonged absence of sexual intercourse;
- adverse external influences.
You can buy specialized drugs for the treatment of erectile dysfunction at https://svensktapotek.net/.